Give This Turkey a Hand!
October 18, 2011
Remember making hand turkeys? Here's a twist on the classic: a hand and foot turkey. At the end, check out some more great Thanksgiving turkey crafts for toddlers and preschoolers!
- Construction paper (blue, green, red, orange, yellow, brown)
- Googly eyes
- Glue stick
- Cute children with little hands and feet
1. Stack your red, orange and yellow paper and trace both hands on the top sheet of paper.
2. Trace a foot on the brown paper.
3. Cut out the hand and foot outlines. Set aside the scraps to make the beak and feet.
4. Cut a two-inch wide strip of the green paper and fringe-cut it for grass. Paste the "grass" on the blue paper.
5. Paste the hand shapes onto the blue paper in a fan shape. These are the tail feathers.
6. Past the foot shape, wider end down (my kids wanted to paste it the opposite way...so, of course, I let them decide that for themselves), onto the center of the tail feathers. This is the body.
7. Cut feet and wattle shapes out of the red paper and a triangle out of the orange for the beak. Paste the googly eyes, beak, wattle and feet onto the paper.
Check out these other fun, toddler-friendly, turkey crafts!
© 2001-2013 LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.